What is Almost Fun?
Note about Children: As required by applicable law and our Terms of Service, children under the age of 13 in the U.S. (and a higher age if required by the applicable law in another country) may only use our Services with the express prior consent of a parent or legal guardian. If you are a Teacher or Administrator, you must obtain all necessary parental consents before allowing students under the age of 13 to create an account or use the Services.
Information you share
Registration / User Information: We may collect "Personal Information" (which is information that can reasonably be used, alone or in combination with other reasonably available information, to identify or contact a specific individual). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, student data, metadata, and user content. This may include a name, email address, username, password, or assessment results. Any information combined with Personal Information will be treated as Personal Information.
Third Party Services: Third parties may provide us with information about you. For example, if you are on a third party web site, and you opt-in to receive information from us, that third party will forward information about you to us so that we may contact you as requested.
Information we collect
Similar to other web sites and mobile applications, we and our analytics providers, vendors and other third party service providers may automatically collect certain "Usage Information" whenever you access and use our Services. For example, we may collect information regarding the pages a user accesses.
Usage Information may include the browser and operating system you are using, the URL that referred you to our Services (if applicable), the search terms you entered into a search engine that lead you to our Services (if applicable), all of the areas within our Services that you visit (including information about any ads you may view), and the time of day you used the Services, among other information. We may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including to select appropriate content to display to you and to enhance or otherwise improve the Services and our products.
Usage Information is collected via tracking technologies, including:
- Cookies: Our Services utilize Cookies to improve your current and future experience by allowing us to understand your usage of our Services. For example, cookies help our systems recognize you if you return to our Services shortly after exiting them. Cookies are small text files stored on your computer that allow us to personalize the content of our Services. Cookies can be turned off via your browser settings if you so choose. However, if you turn your cookies off, some features of our Services may not function properly.
- An Embedded Script: is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Services, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device from our server or a third party service provider and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Services.
- HTML5: We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content, information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site use LSOs such as HTML 5 & Flash to collect and store information.Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
How we use your information
We may use information about you, including Personal Information, the information you provide in your Profile, User Content, and Usage Information to:
- Allow you to participate in features we offer or to provide related customer service, including, without limitation, to respond to your questions, complaints or comments.
- Tailor content, recommendations and offers we display to you, both on the Services and elsewhere online.
- Process your registration with our Services, including verifying your e-mail address is active and valid.
- Improve the Services and for internal business purposes.
- Contact you with regard to your use of the Services and, in our discretion, changes to our policies.
Please note that information submitted on the Services via a "Contact Us" or other similar function may not receive a response. We will not use the information provided via these functions to contact you for marketing purposes unrelated to your request unless you agree otherwise.
Sharing your information
Almost Fun does not share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes in compliance with all applicable laws. Almost Fun may share non-Personal Information, such as aggregate or de-identified user statistics, demographic information and Usage Information with third parties.
- We will share your Personal Information with third parties to provide services to us or you in connection with the Services, but subject to confidentiality obligations which limit their use and disclosure of such information. For example, we may provide your Personal Information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities, sending our emails, or offering customer service.
We may also use Device Identifiers, including IP addresses, to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, Internet service providers, wireless service providers or law enforcement agencies in our discretion. These disclosures may be carried out without your consent or without notice to you.
- We display personal testimonials of satisfied adult users on our Services in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us via email by clicking here.
Third party relationships
No Third Party Advertising: Almost Fun will never use any Student Data to advertise or market to students or their parents. We will not mine Student Data for any purposes other than those agreed to by the parties. Data mining or scanning of user content for the purpose of advertising or marketing to students or their parents is prohibited.
Analytics: We work with analytics service providers and other vendors to provide us with information regarding traffic on the Services, including the pages viewed and the actions users take when visiting the Services and to provide us with information regarding the use of the Services.
Content & Links: Certain content provided through the Services may be hosted and served by third parties. In addition, the Services may link to third party web sites or content over which Almost Fun has no control and which are governed by the privacy policies and business practices of those third parties. In addition, third-parties may have different privacy policies which apply to such third party use of your information.
Please also note that Almost Fun content may be included on web pages and web sites that are not associated with us and over which we have no control. These third parties may independently collect data. Almost Fun is not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or business practices of any third party.
Protecting children's information
Almost Fun does not knowingly permit children who are less than 13 years of age, or higher age if required by applicable law (“Child Users”) to use our Services without prior, express consent from a parent or legal guardian, except through agreements with schools or districts or as otherwise permitted under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA) and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). If we learn that Personal Information of a Child User has been collected on our Services without prior parental consent, then we will take appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian (“Parent”) and discover that your child under the age of 13 (or a higher age if required by applicable law) has a registered account with our Services without your consent, please alert Almost Fun at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we delete that child’s personal information from our systems.
Managing your information
You can always decline to share personal information with us, or even block all cookies. However, it’s important to remember that many of Almost Fun's features may not be accessible, or may not function properly.
You may be able to review the information you provided to us on a Service and make any desired changes to the information, or to the settings for your account on that Service, by logging in to your account for that Service and editing or deleting the information.
If you wish to close your account with one of our Services, please send your request via email to email@example.com and we will remove your Personal Information and Profile, if applicable, from the active databases for the Service(s) you request. Please let us know which Service(s) you wish to close and, if applicable, send your request using an email account that you have registered with Almost Fun under your name. You typically will receive a response to a request sent to this account within five business days of our receiving it.
Communication from us
Almost Fun may send you information by email. You may choose to stop receiving certain emails from us by using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email. However, we reserve the right to send you information on our behalf and on behalf of third parties in connection with providing the Services. If you no longer want to receive information from us, you will need to close your account for that Service.
Changes to this policy
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.